One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A US armed service (part of the US navy), founded in 1775 and trained to operate on land and at sea.‘he served in the Marine Corps from 1984 to 1991’
- ‘One of them was a Marine Corps veteran.’
- ‘He applied for officer candidate school in the Marine Corps and enrolled in graduate school at Harvard until called.’
- ‘I shuddered when a Marine Corps general promised we would be adopted by his men and strike up lifelong friendships.’
- ‘The Marine Corps has leased the 100,000-square-foot building at Imeson International Industrial Park in North Jacksonville.’
- ‘The Marine Corps would have a role in any conventional conflict, but its main purpose would remain to respond to crisis whenever needed.’
- ‘After two false starts in college, he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps so he could fly helicopters during the Vietnam War.’
- ‘The Marine Corps agreed, awarding him a Combat Action Ribbon for his performance.’
- ‘But Donaldson envisions an agency modeled on the Marine Corps, capable of responding rapidly to crises.’
- ‘After drifting around for a few years, McQueen joined the Marine Corps in 1947.’
- ‘Fred, a major in the Marine Corps, was recalled to the zone with a group of field grade officers at the end of last year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.