One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A US armed service (part of the US navy), founded in 1775 and trained to operate on land and at sea.‘he served in the Marine Corps from 1984 to 1991’
- ‘One of them was a Marine Corps veteran.’
- ‘The Marine Corps has leased the 100,000-square-foot building at Imeson International Industrial Park in North Jacksonville.’
- ‘After two false starts in college, he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps so he could fly helicopters during the Vietnam War.’
- ‘But Donaldson envisions an agency modeled on the Marine Corps, capable of responding rapidly to crises.’
- ‘After drifting around for a few years, McQueen joined the Marine Corps in 1947.’
- ‘Fred, a major in the Marine Corps, was recalled to the zone with a group of field grade officers at the end of last year.’
- ‘The Marine Corps agreed, awarding him a Combat Action Ribbon for his performance.’
- ‘He applied for officer candidate school in the Marine Corps and enrolled in graduate school at Harvard until called.’
- ‘The Marine Corps would have a role in any conventional conflict, but its main purpose would remain to respond to crisis whenever needed.’
- ‘I shuddered when a Marine Corps general promised we would be adopted by his men and strike up lifelong friendships.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.