Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Provide with a margin or border; form a border to.‘the nuclear chromatin is marginated at the nuclear membrane’
- ‘Sharply marginated secondary lobules may be seen in infection and hemorrhage.’
- ‘The left and right diaphragm appear as sharply marginated domes.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance imaging showed a 2.5-cm, smoothly marginated, ovoid mass that did not have the signal characteristics typical for benign adenoma or myelolipoma.’
- ‘Other cells such as macrophages and/or marginated neutrophils, which are known to have a high NADPH oxidase activity, could also contribute to the lung oxidant burden that takes place during the ischemic storage.’
- ‘Damaged endothelial cells secrete p-selectin, e-selectin, intracellular adhesion molecules and vascular cell adhesion molecules that induce monocytes to marginate, roll, and adhere to endothelial surfaces.’
Having a distinct margin or border.
- ‘The trunk tergites have a pair of slightly curved longitudinal paramedian sutures, and more posterior tergites are marginate with a ridge along the lateral margin.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.