One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The additional benefit arising from a unit increase in a particular activity.
- ‘For any given level of deforestation the marginal benefits to the farmer of clearing decreases with the cumulative area logged.’
- ‘One other way of interpreting this result is in terms of diminishing marginal benefits.’
- ‘If the marginal benefit per pound spent from programme A is greater than that for B, resources should be taken from B and given to A.’
- ‘An oil spill insurance market might help to discover the point at which the marginal benefit of spill-prevention technology equals the marginal cost.’
- ‘This process of reallocation should continue until the ratios of marginal benefit to marginal cost for the programmes are equal, maximising total patient benefit across the two programmes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.