One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The additional benefit arising from a unit increase in a particular activity.
- ‘For any given level of deforestation the marginal benefits to the farmer of clearing decreases with the cumulative area logged.’
- ‘One other way of interpreting this result is in terms of diminishing marginal benefits.’
- ‘If the marginal benefit per pound spent from programme A is greater than that for B, resources should be taken from B and given to A.’
- ‘This process of reallocation should continue until the ratios of marginal benefit to marginal cost for the programmes are equal, maximising total patient benefit across the two programmes.’
- ‘An oil spill insurance market might help to discover the point at which the marginal benefit of spill-prevention technology equals the marginal cost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.