One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cake with a mottled appearance, made of light and dark sponge.
- ‘And he's got his schtick down pat; as the neighborhood ladies marvelled at the marble cake.’
- ‘When the coals are ready, a French marble cake will cook in a Dutch oven.’
- ‘The host can roast the turkey; others can bring Gorgonzola broccoli casserole or chocolate-pumpkin marble cake.’
- ‘There were five tiers of marble cake with pink frosting surrounding it.’
- ‘About two years ago, Mona decided to set up a home-based chocolate business and expanded her product line by adding cookies, brownies and marble cakes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.