One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cake with a mottled appearance, made of light and dark sponge.
- ‘About two years ago, Mona decided to set up a home-based chocolate business and expanded her product line by adding cookies, brownies and marble cakes.’
- ‘There were five tiers of marble cake with pink frosting surrounding it.’
- ‘When the coals are ready, a French marble cake will cook in a Dutch oven.’
- ‘And he's got his schtick down pat; as the neighborhood ladies marvelled at the marble cake.’
- ‘The host can roast the turkey; others can bring Gorgonzola broccoli casserole or chocolate-pumpkin marble cake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.