Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cake with a mottled appearance, made of light and dark sponge.
- ‘And he's got his schtick down pat; as the neighborhood ladies marvelled at the marble cake.’
- ‘The host can roast the turkey; others can bring Gorgonzola broccoli casserole or chocolate-pumpkin marble cake.’
- ‘When the coals are ready, a French marble cake will cook in a Dutch oven.’
- ‘There were five tiers of marble cake with pink frosting surrounding it.’
- ‘About two years ago, Mona decided to set up a home-based chocolate business and expanded her product line by adding cookies, brownies and marble cakes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.