One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cake with a mottled appearance, made of light and dark sponge.
- ‘The host can roast the turkey; others can bring Gorgonzola broccoli casserole or chocolate-pumpkin marble cake.’
- ‘When the coals are ready, a French marble cake will cook in a Dutch oven.’
- ‘There were five tiers of marble cake with pink frosting surrounding it.’
- ‘And he's got his schtick down pat; as the neighborhood ladies marvelled at the marble cake.’
- ‘About two years ago, Mona decided to set up a home-based chocolate business and expanded her product line by adding cookies, brownies and marble cakes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.