One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An operation that associates each element of a given set (the domain) with one or more elements of a second set (the range).
- ‘He worked on the theory of continuous mappings of topological spaces.’
- ‘Another area which Suvorov worked on was the theory of conformal mappings and quasi-formal mappings.’
- ‘He discovered characterisations of topological mappings of the Cartesian plane and a number of fixed point theorems.’
- ‘His doctoral thesis is an important contribution to conformal mappings of multiply connected plane domains.’
- ‘In his analysis of motion verbs, Langacker has focused, not on metaphorical mappings between domains, but on abstract conceptual structures which are schematic for different domains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.