One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Syrup produced from the sap of certain maples, especially the sugar maple.
- ‘One of the women asks the kids to get some maple syrup and some cheese for dinner, and to stop by the other home to borrow a big lasagna pan.’
- ‘Place the maple syrup, cream and butter into a small pan and simmer over a medium heat till slightly thickened, stirring from time to time.’
- ‘Plain buttermilk pancakes drenched in maple syrup are still one of the favourite Canadian breakfast foods.’
- ‘When I start eating unrefined sugars again I'm going to make buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup.’
- ‘In a wheat-free egg-free diet there really is no room for French toast and maple syrup.’
- ‘The chef finally plopped a pair of pancakes and a side of bacon at Adrian's table and offered a cup of maple syrup and butter.’
- ‘Nearly twice as sweet as white sugar, maple syrup adds rich flavor and trace minerals to nearly any recipe.’
- ‘Americans like to anoint butternut with molasses or maple syrup before baking, but what's the point?’
- ‘Serve with warm maple syrup, or strawberry sauce, or just munch on it plain.’
- ‘What I actually have is either American style pancakes with maple syrup or French toast.’
- ‘Add a crepe and coat evenly on one side with maple syrup, slightly caramelizing.’
- ‘In a medium mixing-bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, maple syrup and heavy cream.’
- ‘Next it was an apple and cinnamon waffle with maple syrup, strawberry sauce and pecan nuts.’
- ‘If any of you are in Jersey City stop by for some sharp cheddar and maple syrup.’
- ‘Some medicines can be mixed with chocolate or maple syrup to encourage children to take the entire dosage.’
- ‘To this day, maple syrup remains a major regional product in North America.’
- ‘My salmon's light dressing of balsamic with maple syrup also was rather special.’
- ‘Add the apricots, hazelnuts, maple syrup, and lemon juice and sauté until warmed through.’
- ‘Try the French toast with maple syrup and blueberry and apple compote or smoked ham and maple syrup.’
- ‘Add the garlic, maple syrup, cinnamon, rosemary, and sherry vinegar and bring to a boil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.