One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Having reached the limit of Mediterranean traditions of navigation and map-making, the Portuguese employed the services of Jewish scholars to calculate the position of the sun, moon, and stars.’
- ‘The first step in scientific map-making, all earlier attempts were more enthusiastic than accurate.’
- ‘To acknowledge the subjectivity of his map-making, Pam renames the continent.’
- ‘Knowing that Chinese rulers especially respected the mathematical sciences, he studied them diligently and became proficient at map-making and astronomy.’
- ‘She sees the surfeit of green as an opportunity, but she does not see her opportunity as an effect of map-making and map-reading practices that have wider geopolitical implications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.