One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A name for New Zealand.‘she settled in Honolulu and gave up all idea of ever returning to Maoriland’
- ‘Many early New Zealand comic artists used Maoriland as their theme.’
- ‘The travellers leave Sydney and start their Maoriland journey at the toe of the Dominion.’
- ‘These subjectivities have led to the critical dismissal of Maoriland literature.’
- ‘We were in Maoriland and had determined to do as the Maoris did.’
- ‘The 1913 industrial upheaval will live for ever in Maoriland history.’
- ‘The shaky isles were widely known as Maoriland in Australia.’
- ‘He's gone to Maoriland and isn't coming back.’
- ‘He made the statement during the revolt of the militant Maoriland unionists against the Arbitration Court.’
- ‘The kindliness of the Maoriland climate enables Maorilanders to look rather philosophically on the misfortunes of their neighbors.’
- ‘In Maoriland waters the author's most thrilling adventure is on a passenger cruise to the west coast in 1910.’
Mid 19th century: from Maori + land.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.