One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pale, very dry Spanish sherry.
- ‘On the bar blackboard were fino, manzanilla, oloroso… excellent.’
- ‘Try manzanilla or fino with fish, dry oloroso and amontillado with cheese, ham and game, and sweet oloroso and Pedro Ximenez with sweets and fruit.’
- ‘Fino and manzanilla are the most fragile of the sherries, but if you keep them refrigerated, they should be fine for cooking for a couple of weeks.’
- ‘At last Sainsbury's has overhauled its fortified wine range and among the new offerings this manzanilla is the star turn.’
- ‘For me, a litre bottle of a top manzanilla is a must buy whenever I'm passing through an airport.’
Spanish, literally ‘camomile’ (because the flavour is reminiscent of that of camomile tea).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.