One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
By many times.‘the problems would be multiplied manyfold’
- ‘The most efficient programs exhibiting human intelligence might exceed the power and memory of present PCs manyfold, and devising them might be superhumanly difficult.’
- ‘In the last decade or so our understanding of Cahokia's iconographic structure and its role in the polity's internal and external development has increased manyfold.’
- ‘In an area such as the one in question, the competitive rural land uses are multiplied manyfold by urban and industrial influences.’
- ‘Without such a structure, the likelihood of what we now routinely call ‘humanitarian catastrophes’ is magnified manyfold.’
- ‘The lyrics make the songs even better and enhance their beauty manyfold.’
- ‘Practise and soon you will find that you can spot the keywords instinctively and make sense out of them, and your reading speed increases manyfold.’
- ‘The density of traffic over the flyover has also increased manyfold.’
- ‘And, the quality of TV everywhere would increase manyfold.’
- ‘A small amount of money contributed now will multiply manyfold as families are given food, pride, a source of income, and the means to help someone else.’
- ‘Subdivisions, stretch limos, helicopter tours, crystal shops, and energy vortexes have arrived, and tourism has increased manyfold - now there's something for everyone.’
- ‘They cost as much as regular games on average, but they multiply your purchase manyfold, since each one you buy contains many games.’
- ‘Its difficulty was multiplied manyfold by the vast distance to the Gulf region and the almost total lack of support infrastructure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.