One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Scrubland consisting of stunted manuka trees.‘the plot of land was a wilderness of gorse and manuka scrub’
- ‘Up from the Horotiu valley, the ridges and the land beyond lay before the official party as a wilderness of dun-green fern, manuka scrub and tupakihi.’
- ‘Pure manuka scrub is the natural second growth scrub of the hills and is characteristic of 46-year-old vegetation.’
- ‘Fields of dirty-grey manuka scrub, averaging five feet in height, stretched before us.’
- ‘There followed the destruction of manuka scrub to develop more farmland.’
- ‘There is a tendency for forest to extend into the surrounding manuka scrub.’
- ‘Auckland's humble beginning is further underlined by the fact that Shortland St in 1841 was no more than a narrow muddy track walled on either side by manuka scrub more than 2 metres high.’
- ‘To the left, manuka scrub growing around previously cleared forest (note the dead trunks from times past).’
- ‘Thriving manuka scrub has hosted up to 2000 beehives, producing up to 56 tonnes of valuable honey a season; beef cattle also do well on the steep, scrubby country.’
- ‘He had pointed to a clump of manuka scrub that grew close to the water's edge about a mile from the rapid outlet.’
- ‘Kanuka tends to first establish on comparatively sheltered slopes with better soils, and then to invade open manuka scrub on harsher sites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.