Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person or company that makes goods for sale:‘the manufacturers supply the goods to the distribution centre’
maker, producer, builder, constructor, processor, creator, fabricatorfactory owner, industrialist, baron of industry, captain of industryView synonyms
- ‘No computer game manufacturer has produced a game of such universal appeal.’
- ‘No one asks for a new processor when a manufacturer launches a faster computer.’
- ‘In reality, the size that fits best will vary according to style, manufacturer and fabric.’
- ‘I rang up the manufacturers of the product we used and spoke to one of their paint experts.’
- ‘There has to be an agreement by manufacturers to design their products to be recyclable.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.