One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Italian town of Mantua or its inhabitants.‘the Mantuan artistic tradition’
- ‘Luccio (pike) is exalted in Mantuan cuisine as nowhere else in Europe.’
- ‘He is not a shy, gentle man prone to philosophy and always mindful of his rustic Mantuan farming roots.’
- ‘He was appointed painter to the Mantuan court.’
A native or inhabitant of the Italian town of Mantua.‘Mantuans gathered for the sale of stallions’
- ‘No matter what the Mantuan tried to do to it and it looked as if his opponent was going to win.’
- ‘My parents were, both of them, by their native place, Mantuans.’
- ‘Mantuans take a more cerebral approach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.