One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But when does joyous, mantric reiteration tip over into something more sinister, or worse, monotonous?’
- ‘A lead singer acts as cantor, while the human chain behind joins in the chorus as everyone stamps the floor rhythmically in this mantric ritual.’
- ‘Some of it sounds like it might be poetry, some of it sounds mantric in nature, but none of it means anything to me.’
- ‘This symbolism of the language is not simply one of form, relying on images, parables, and myths as other poetic or religious compositions do, but one of substance, based on its mantric character.’
- ‘‘Slow,’ ‘steady’ and ‘certain’ are your mantric keywords right now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.