One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This manneristic behaviour was difficult to control despite behavioural therapy or physical restraint.’
- ‘He developed severe manneristic and ritualistic behavior at around the age of two as documented on the videotape.’
- ‘Facial expressions in schizophrenic patients are often described as bizarre and manneristic movements and were already observed long before the introduction of neuroleptics.’
- ‘I found that manneristic characteristics were there in the schizophrenic patient and I made this connection between mannerism in art and culture and the mannerism evident in the expressions of my schizophrenic patients.’
- ‘Maybe there is sometimes a certain wilful ‘artiness’ in some of his music that can become manneristic and a little pretentious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.