One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I found that manneristic characteristics were there in the schizophrenic patient and I made this connection between mannerism in art and culture and the mannerism evident in the expressions of my schizophrenic patients.’
- ‘Maybe there is sometimes a certain wilful ‘artiness’ in some of his music that can become manneristic and a little pretentious.’
- ‘He developed severe manneristic and ritualistic behavior at around the age of two as documented on the videotape.’
- ‘This manneristic behaviour was difficult to control despite behavioural therapy or physical restraint.’
- ‘Facial expressions in schizophrenic patients are often described as bizarre and manneristic movements and were already observed long before the introduction of neuroleptics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.