One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brief one-piece bathing garment for men, with a T-back.‘he wandered down the beach in his mankini, to the amazement of onlookers’
- ‘Twenty Borats took Wembley Stadium by storm dressed in mankinis ahead of England's clash with Kazakhstan.’
- ‘This excludes, of course, precisely those people who can't afford their gas bill and usually live in houses with the insulating qualities of a mankini.’
- ‘Borat's mankini loops around the neck and plunges down to an emphatic pouch.’
- ‘The Professional Footballers' Association-linked sportswear firm has even offered £50 for the best mankini photo.’
- ‘England fans have been banned from wearing Borat's "mankini" to the national team's match with Kazakhstan at Wembley.’
- ‘Nice mankini, one of my female workmates reckoned.’
- ‘Signature services include the Mankini bikini wax ($50) and the Multi-Tasker, during which clients receive a chair-side manicure while getting a haircut ($55).’
- ‘Carrey's mankini is just another American version of a funnier Brit thing.’
- ‘Reminiscent of Borat's unforgettable lime-green mankini, Carrey's attention-seeking garment failed to impress style commentator Peter York.’
- ‘The policemen should offer to apply sunscreen on the mankini boys instead of booking them (unless as models).’
- ‘Never mind that your average youth will hit you in the head or laugh at you out loud when you are wearing a mankini, the one thing he won't be is scared or offended by it.’
- ‘IT would probably be wise to leave the green mankinis at home if you fancy following England to Kazakhstan.’
Early 21st century: blend of man and bikini.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.