One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who gives manicures professionally.
- ‘The manicurist was going to ask who Daryl was, but decided not to once she saw the stern look on Marie's face.’
- ‘She became a manicurist to help pay for college, earning a two-year degree from Prince George Community College.’
- ‘She cited a hair salon that decided to add a manicurist to the staff.’
- ‘Younger women became clerks or office secretaries, while others worked as manicurists or hairdressers in beauty salons.’
- ‘The hairdressers, manicurists and makeup artists all came and went.’
- ‘Nancy, the owner, and Loren, the manicurist, ushered Elisa to a lavender vinyl chair.’
- ‘This film follows the life of Ray and Frenchy Winkler, an ex-con and a manicurist who live poorly but happily in Manhattan.’
- ‘The Egyptian barber was also a manicurist, using a razor to trim the fingernails of clients.’
- ‘In fact, in some states it takes more hours of training to become a hairdresser or a nail manicurist than it does to become a bounty hunter.’
- ‘In California, there are more than 83,000 licensed manicurists and 80 percent of them are of Vietnamese descent.’
- ‘As a manicurist you will be part of the booming manicuring, pedicuring, and artificial nail industry, with combined sales of more than three billion dollars a year.’
- ‘After all, what do 200,000 massage therapists or 300,000 manicurists matter in a country of 290 million people?’
- ‘The most fascinating aspect of this particular tomb is the pictorial depictions of the manicurists.’
- ‘I was talking about all of this Thursday while getting a haircut and the manicurist, a wickedly funny woman, asked, ‘What happened to you?’’
- ‘I asked the manicurist, who was smoking on the steps.’
- ‘Rachel is about 21 and is employed as a manicurist.’
- ‘The manicurist went off to her next appointment.’
- ‘And no one is more aware of this than makeup artists, hair stylists, and manicurists.’
- ‘You cannot get your cuticles as neat as a manicurist can.’
- ‘Grimly cordial manicurists improved her fingers and toes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.