One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But in the islands people rave about a squirrel-like critter called the manicou that tastes quite a bit like chicken and is surefire hit at barbecues.’
- ‘Apart from marine mammals, there are two large mammals of note in Dominica: the agouti and the manicou.’
- ‘The meat of the manicou and agouti is best smoked and stewed.’
- ‘You may even see an opossum-like manicou or the large agouti - a rodent introduced as food by the Amerindians.’
- ‘From that day this manicou stayed with Boyo and his family.’
From an American Indian word.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.