One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘From that day this manicou stayed with Boyo and his family.’
- ‘Apart from marine mammals, there are two large mammals of note in Dominica: the agouti and the manicou.’
- ‘The meat of the manicou and agouti is best smoked and stewed.’
- ‘You may even see an opossum-like manicou or the large agouti - a rodent introduced as food by the Amerindians.’
- ‘But in the islands people rave about a squirrel-like critter called the manicou that tastes quite a bit like chicken and is surefire hit at barbecues.’
From an American Indian word.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.