One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small concretion consisting of manganese and iron oxides, occurring in large numbers in ocean-floor sediment.
- ‘But as Challenger approached the West Indies the crew encountered a phenomenon that dwarfed in importance even the discovery of manganese nodules.’
- ‘Crusts of iron-manganese oxides and manganese nodules occur, particularly in red clays.’
- ‘A co-occurrence of these two species is known from only one locality, where they were collected from manganese nodules immediately above the Grimmeri Bed.’
- ‘The manganese nodules in Table 1 were those collected from the sea-bed of off-shore California.’
- ‘It was on this leg of the voyage that they encountered the largest field of manganese nodules they had yet chanced across.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.