One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white compound used as a fungicidal powder on vegetables and fruit.
- ‘The commonly used fungicides are maneb, mancozeb, daconil and copper-oxychloride.’
- ‘The products included in this re-evaluation are fungicides that contain the active ingredient maneb.’
- ‘Researchers also show that low levels of maneb, a fungicide commonly used in farming, can injure the antioxidant system in those same types of cells.’
- ‘Finally, the manufacturer of the fungicide maneb has voluntarily withdrawn support for any homeowner uses of this fungicide.’
- ‘The Rochester team studied the effects of a mixture of two common agrochemicals, the herbicide paraquat and the fungicide maneb.’
From elements of the name man(ganese) e(thylene) b(isdithiocarbamate).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.