One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A particular set of complex numbers which has a highly convoluted fractal boundary when plotted.
- ‘Another example can be seen in fractal patterns like the Mandelbrot set - marvelous pictures that have layer upon layer upon layer of complexity.’
- ‘For this reason I have done without anecdotes, cartoons, exclamation marks, jokey chapter titles, or pictures of the Mandelbrot set.’
- ‘I didn't come across complex numbers again until I saw the Mandelbrot set for the first time.’
- ‘The exterior of the Mandelbrot set consists of points for which certain iterations diverge.’
- ‘The Mandelbrot set is a connected set of points in the complex plane.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.