One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The right of a Maori tribe to manage a particular area of land.‘the decision maintains the integrity of the land and shows respect to manawhenua’
- ‘We acknowledge Ngati Tama's efforts to achieve some form of justice and restitution for the grievous harms caused to the manawhenua.’
- ‘This symbolises the manawhenua or spiritual guardianship of Te Kawerau.’
- ‘We celebrates manawhenua and the intrinsic relationship of this iwi to Panmure and the surrounding districts.’
- ‘Matariki celebrations at libraries will include cultural performances that recognise manawhenua.’
- ‘A new manawhenua process has been initiated that aims to take the Crown out of the equation.’
- ‘- More land available for housing, social, cultural and economic activities by Ngai Tahu Manawhenua (those with customary authority over the land).’
- ‘The concept of "manawhenua" is central to assessing the justness or otherwise of any decision-making process from a Maori perspective.’
- ‘Just imagine what a true partnership with manawhenua could deliver.’
- ‘Boards should actively enhance their relationships with iwi and manawhenua through joint meetings and identification of projects of common interest.’
- ‘They further claim a 'shared manawhenua' over a vastly greater area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.