One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The right of a Maori tribe to manage a particular area of land.‘the decision maintains the integrity of the land and shows respect to manawhenua’
- ‘They further claim a 'shared manawhenua' over a vastly greater area.’
- ‘This symbolises the manawhenua or spiritual guardianship of Te Kawerau.’
- ‘- More land available for housing, social, cultural and economic activities by Ngai Tahu Manawhenua (those with customary authority over the land).’
- ‘We celebrates manawhenua and the intrinsic relationship of this iwi to Panmure and the surrounding districts.’
- ‘The concept of "manawhenua" is central to assessing the justness or otherwise of any decision-making process from a Maori perspective.’
- ‘Just imagine what a true partnership with manawhenua could deliver.’
- ‘Boards should actively enhance their relationships with iwi and manawhenua through joint meetings and identification of projects of common interest.’
- ‘Matariki celebrations at libraries will include cultural performances that recognise manawhenua.’
- ‘A new manawhenua process has been initiated that aims to take the Crown out of the equation.’
- ‘We acknowledge Ngati Tama's efforts to achieve some form of justice and restitution for the grievous harms caused to the manawhenua.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.