One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘The limits of a managerialist approach were cruelly exposed in May.’
- ‘A managerialist interpretation of the results would stress that employees experience satisfaction and give commitment regardless of reward, that money and career progression are not everything.’
- ‘He observed that the rise of managerialist politics, with its focus on administration and delivery, had left a dangerous vacuum which was increasingly being occupied by politicians with simple solutions for complex problems.’
- ‘Hollowed-out governments were unwilling to question their own managerialist mantras and pushed privatisation as the only way.’
- ‘During the 1990s, however, it increasingly adopted a managerialist, ‘businesslike’ flavour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.