One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company which is set up to manage a group of properties, a unit trust, an investment fund, etc.
- ‘The grounds of the development have been landscaped and a management company will be put in place to maintain the grounds.’
- ‘A service charge will be payable to a management company responsible for the maintenance of the common areas.’
- ‘During the remainder of the year, the investor receives a return on the room, which is let by a management company.’
- ‘She has managed her affairs by accessing retained earnings in her management company.’
- ‘There was a red bill from the management company on the doormat.’
- ‘Local woodland and mill dams would be preserved by a management company financed by an annual charge on the eventual householders.’
- ‘Jos Hermens, the director of his management company, insists there is nothing to worry about.’
- ‘Trident Holiday Homes will be marketing and managing the properties through the management company.’
- ‘Anyways, he's just started a new management company and he wants me to be his first client.’
- ‘In this scheme the management company pays owners 8.5 per cent of the purchase price annually.’
- ‘Mrs Crosby said her estate was in the hands of a private management company several years ago, which proved a failure.’
- ‘In return, apartment owners pay an annual service charge to the management company.’
- ‘Estate residents said the management company posted a notice announcing the pool closure, but did not explain why.’
- ‘But then a management company took over and I was told to leave the premises.’
- ‘A management company will look after the complex during the academic year and will also organise out of term lettings.’
- ‘The management company said it is important for manufacturers to reach the right markets from the right location.’
- ‘We meet at the offices of his management company in rural Cheshire.’
- ‘The apartments will be maintained and run by a management company.’
- ‘For the rest of the time, the apartment is rented and maintained by a management company.’
- ‘A management company takes a long lease on each apartment and in turn lets each individual unit to the students.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.