One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company which is set up to manage a group of properties, a unit trust, an investment fund, etc.
- ‘Local woodland and mill dams would be preserved by a management company financed by an annual charge on the eventual householders.’
- ‘The apartments will be maintained and run by a management company.’
- ‘A service charge will be payable to a management company responsible for the maintenance of the common areas.’
- ‘For the rest of the time, the apartment is rented and maintained by a management company.’
- ‘The management company said it is important for manufacturers to reach the right markets from the right location.’
- ‘But then a management company took over and I was told to leave the premises.’
- ‘In return, apartment owners pay an annual service charge to the management company.’
- ‘In this scheme the management company pays owners 8.5 per cent of the purchase price annually.’
- ‘During the remainder of the year, the investor receives a return on the room, which is let by a management company.’
- ‘A management company will look after the complex during the academic year and will also organise out of term lettings.’
- ‘Mrs Crosby said her estate was in the hands of a private management company several years ago, which proved a failure.’
- ‘She has managed her affairs by accessing retained earnings in her management company.’
- ‘Trident Holiday Homes will be marketing and managing the properties through the management company.’
- ‘Anyways, he's just started a new management company and he wants me to be his first client.’
- ‘Jos Hermens, the director of his management company, insists there is nothing to worry about.’
- ‘Estate residents said the management company posted a notice announcing the pool closure, but did not explain why.’
- ‘A management company takes a long lease on each apartment and in turn lets each individual unit to the students.’
- ‘The grounds of the development have been landscaped and a management company will be put in place to maintain the grounds.’
- ‘We meet at the offices of his management company in rural Cheshire.’
- ‘There was a red bill from the management company on the doormat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.