Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The purchase of a controlling share in a company by its executive directors and/or managers.‘it is letting the company go in a management buyout backed by a private investment group’
- ‘Along with Anthony Martin, he led a management buyout of Doherty Advertising in a deal worth about €6 million.’
- ‘Following a management buyout in 1999, 35 senior managers have stakes in the company.’
- ‘The only possibility of a boost for the shares, in the short term, is a management buyout or a takeover.’
- ‘After a successful management buyout, Mrs Warsi began diversifying into Thai, Malaysian, Chinese and American food.’
- ‘Green Property announced that certain members of the executive team have decided not to proceed with a management buyout.’
- ‘Norah Casey, the chief executive of Smurfit Communications, is considering a management buyout.’
- ‘He completed the management buyout of the company 10 days ago.’
- ‘When the company reported its interim results last November, Moran said that a management buyout was always an option.’
- ‘In recent months, speculation has grown that the firm could be a bid target, amid reports that a management buyout is being considered.’
- ‘The poor outlook has now led brokers to suggest that a management buyout may take place.’
- ‘In certain circumstances, it can also be used to facilitate a management buyout or acquisition.’
- ‘The low share price triggered speculation that the McCann family, which controls Fyffes, was considering a management buyout.’
- ‘If the company is currently undervalued by the stock market, some analysts will not rule out the possibility of a management buyout.’
- ‘Vernon led an attempted management buyout last year because of what he perceived as a lack of interest in property stocks.’
- ‘On that basis, the management buyout of Aer Lingus is likely to go ahead.’
- ‘As liberating and potentially lucrative as a management buyout can be, it is also a very risky transaction.’
- ‘The proper treatment of investors and third party investors in the case of a management buyout is also important, said Reilly.’
- ‘For taxation purposes, the deal has been officially classed as a demerger rather than a management buyout.’
- ‘Harmonia is wholly owned by Casey, who said that she secured financial backing from a bank to complete the management buyout.’
- ‘The levels of debt at the company may hinder a potential management buyout.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.