One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The provision of financial data and advice to a company for use in the organization and development of its business.
- ‘It is doubtful, however, whether the management accounting techniques employed by the company were tailored to detect high overheads.’
- ‘The authors found that the basic components of the management accounting system were in place from the Company's beginnings or by 1700.’
- ‘In either case, management accounting was not positioned to influence organizational priorities or procedures.’
- ‘It remains to be seen if the current attempt to develop management accounting as an independent decision technology will succeed.’
- ‘However, we would repeat our view that management accounting is more than just business statistics.’
- ‘Indeed, much of management accounting could be portrayed as a history of designing and implementing cognitive scaffolding within organizations.’
- ‘As a result, there is worth in considering the relationship between management accounting and financial accounting when examining public sector accounting change.’
- ‘Over the next few decades, managerial accounting, or management accounting took over.’
- ‘The privatization of the tobacco monopoly brought about, in accordance with the theoretical predictions, a change in management accounting systems.’
- ‘The chapter focuses on what operations management and management accounting say about the sources of performance, and then looks at interorganizational control.’
- ‘Well, what I do includes management accounting and financial control, budgeting, reporting, cash flow analysis, scenario analysis, etcetera.’
- ‘Unlike the financial accounting profession in Canada, the evolution of management accounting has not received a great deal of attention by academics.’
- ‘In this context it is somewhat paradoxical to find ourselves often being criticized for the narrowness of our view of management accounting.’
- ‘It is also significant in demonstrating the very strong influence of engineers upon the French model of management accounting.’
- ‘There was also recognition that management accounting must develop independently of financial accounting in order to realize its potential.’
- ‘Such techniques and practices are usually thought of as relatively recent outcomes of the rise of management accounting.’
- ‘The case study raises several interesting management accounting issues.’
- ‘Alan was appointed managing director around 18 months ago and has introduced a number of changes, including an improved management accounting system.’
- ‘The subsequent section deals with the impact of privatization on management accounting systems.’
- ‘These findings support a global view of the development of management accounting in different locales at the expense of cultural differences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.