One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An investment fund run on behalf of an investor by an agent (typically, an insurance company).
- ‘It is also possible to split your money between the EBS cash fund and the managed funds.’
- ‘Hence, I wouldn't want a private banker managing my portfolio, especially if they put my money into expensive but underperforming managed funds.’
- ‘Investors can spread their risk by placing a portion of their investment in a medium-risk managed fund, a high-risk US equity fund or a low-risk Irish property fund.’
- ‘Make sure you avoid endowment based savings plans, managed funds and any investments you don't understand.’
- ‘The unit price varies daily depending on the value of the underlying assets held in the managed fund.’
- ‘This is like a managed fund with the investment risk being spread across 25 to 30 different syndicates.’
- ‘Long-term investments in managed funds are likely to give better returns than ‘hot tips’ on rising stocks’
- ‘When you invest in a managed fund, you buy units in the fund.’
- ‘The higher-risk profile of some hedge funds relative to normal managed funds arises principally from the ability to leverage with debt or to trade on margin.’
- ‘As we pointed out in an article last year, buyers of managed funds tend to question the fund manager's ability after one or two years of underperformance.’
- ‘This differs from an ordinary managed fund, where the investment discretion lies solely with the fund manager.’
- ‘Unlike the managed funds, trackers do not have fund managers.’
- ‘It can be invested in all types of investment assets, such as a managed fund, a pure equity fund, property, bonds and cash or a mixture of these assets.’
- ‘A managed fund is exactly that - an investment fund that is managed professionally by an expert fund manager who invests in a variety of investments.’
- ‘So lots of investors are shifting money from individual stocks and actively managed funds into index funds.’
- ‘For many investors, managed funds are the simplest and easiest way to achieve their financial goals.’
- ‘Despite their highly paid and qualified professional managers, 80% of managed funds fail to beat a simple market tracker.’
- ‘EBS has three managed funds and a deposit account to choose from.’
- ‘Unhappy with the outrageously high charges levied by managed funds, she decides to invest in a low-cost index tracker.’
- ‘By investing in a managed fund and pooling your money with other investors, you can take advantage of investment opportunities that you may not be able to access as an individual investor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.