One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An economy in which the framework and general policies are regulated by the government.
- ‘Unions became empowered because of their considerable leverage over the likely success of the managed economy.’
- ‘Thus, the welfare state and the managed economy create the conditions that destroy people!’
- ‘The managed economy focused on achieving efficiencies as the basis for competitiveness.’
- ‘Shoehorning business into ‘sustainability’ changes the model from capitalism to a managed economy.’
- ‘Under a managed economy there will always the small wealthy minority and the exploited masses.’
- ‘But will big business seek a return to managed economies if world markets crash?’
- ‘The rise of managed economies in the Eastern Bloc was also responsible for increased government interference in the macroeconomy.’
- ‘From the mid-1840s the idea of a managed economy was foreign.’
- ‘Like most managed economies, they do not want to admit that inflation can happen, so they ignore it and end up reacting to it late.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.