One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An economy in which the framework and general policies are regulated by the government.
- ‘The managed economy focused on achieving efficiencies as the basis for competitiveness.’
- ‘Like most managed economies, they do not want to admit that inflation can happen, so they ignore it and end up reacting to it late.’
- ‘Unions became empowered because of their considerable leverage over the likely success of the managed economy.’
- ‘From the mid-1840s the idea of a managed economy was foreign.’
- ‘Under a managed economy there will always the small wealthy minority and the exploited masses.’
- ‘The rise of managed economies in the Eastern Bloc was also responsible for increased government interference in the macroeconomy.’
- ‘But will big business seek a return to managed economies if world markets crash?’
- ‘Thus, the welfare state and the managed economy create the conditions that destroy people!’
- ‘Shoehorning business into ‘sustainability’ changes the model from capitalism to a managed economy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.