One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A currency whose exchange rate is regulated by the government.
- ‘In real terms, the dollar and the floating currencies will eventually have to depreciate relative to the managed currencies.’
- ‘The one thing I do know is that those currencies are managed currencies and they are going to probably let them revalue against the dollar but in a very stepwise way.’
- ‘It is important to remember that in this environment of managed currencies, it is not always absolute value that is important, but relative value.’
- ‘Last week most economists agreed that Sweden's managed currency had achieved two out of three objectives.’
- ‘For relatively static currencies, such as managed currencies pegged to your base currency, you can simply enter new rates in the event of a change.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.