One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of healthcare emphasizing preventative medicine and home treatment.
- ‘Today's health care climate, managed care, is forcing us once again to try to halt burgeoning costs.’
- ‘Nurses at any level can learn how nursing and managed care are intertwined.’
- ‘Insofar as the system of managed care encourages that kind of medical practice, it is to be applauded.’
- ‘Forty-six primary care clinics in six managed care organizations participated in the study.’
- ‘The center also collaborates extensively with health care delivery systems and managed care companies.’
- ‘Despite this, managed care has recently been criticised by the public, healthcare professionals, and politicians.’
- ‘What I find odd is that a lot of managed care plans are getting involved to ‘help out’.’
- ‘In the past, seniors also signed up with managed care plans to receive generous drug benefits.’
- ‘Physicians added staff and worked harder to maintain their income in the face of managed care.’
- ‘We studied the role of outpatient testing in the health care system and the impact of managed care on such testing.’
- ‘There are quality reviews of medical decisions conducted by managed care personnel.’
- ‘In fact, three out of five people who are enrolled in a managed care system say that they have never been in such a plan.’
- ‘In the past decade we have witnessed the increasing influence of managed care in the practice of medicine.’
- ‘We must ask ourselves, however, whether managed care is a health care model or a payment model, she said.’
- ‘All aspects of healthcare have been substantially influenced by managed care.’
- ‘Another important driver of the consolidation trend has been the growth of managed care.’
- ‘On the other hand, some managed care organisations are taking these services and patients out of primary care.’
- ‘In these days of managed care, it has become more and more important to choose capital expenditures wisely.’
- ‘Most therapists struggled with treatment limitations in managed care.’
- ‘Instead, she speaks on behalf of mental health patients and the impact managed care has on their treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.