Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A document forming part of the documentation of a computer system.
- ‘Please see the man page for details.’
- ‘Check out the man page for exact information on the syntax.’
- ‘The man page sums this up nicely: ‘Nothing is sent to the system log.’’
- ‘A complete description of these functions is provided in the appropriate man page, so they are presented here only briefly.’
- ‘In some distributions, the man page for this function may be missing.’
Short for manual page.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.