One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The team member who has given the most outstanding performance in a particular game.‘McClair, who scored the only goal, was named man of the match’
- ‘George Meehan was outstanding in defence and Harry Tosney was man of the match.’
- ‘Carlton Farrell was man of the match and Hudson kicked six out of seven goals.’
- ‘The hard working Sam Dowgill was man of the match and dominated the midfield area.’
- ‘The man of the match was Jake Hargreaves for his efforts throughout the game.’
- ‘It seemed as though every time he played, he either scored or he was a contender for man of the match.’
- ‘After each game now the man of the match gets a trophy and bottle of champagne from the sponsor.’
- ‘Shaun Redman was man of the match and there were good displays from Joseph Holt and Ryan Humphreys.’
- ‘Well done to the team on their good performance and to man of the match Oliver Sloan.’
- ‘He scored a hat-trick of tries during the game and was named man of the match.’
- ‘The whole team worked hard but Jack Collins was named man of the match for a solid performance at the back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.