One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I suppose my question is how much of his Mammonism is environmental and how much is hard wired into his personality.’
- ‘He also seems to have confirmed his existing prejudices against Utilitarians, Parliamentarians, a ‘do-nothing Aristocracy’, and the pervasive spirit of ‘Mammonism’.’
- ‘This means combating Commercialism and Mammonism which has not yet become an important agenda.’
- ‘Capitalism, he wrote in Past and Present, bore ‘the Gospel of Mammonism,’ in which money, through its ‘miraculous facilities,’ held its devotees ‘spell-bound in a horrid enchantment.’’
- ‘As a consequence of all these forces, the values of Mammonism have begun to prevail inside the family's ‘haven’ as well as out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.