Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumours of the breasts.
- ‘For others it will involve screening by mammography or colonoscopy.’
- ‘In the past women have been referred inappropriately for mammography and genetic counselling.’
- ‘This is why we insist on both mammography and physical examination.’
- ‘Early detection through mammography has been a major factor in the dramatic decrease in breast cancer mortality.’
- ‘This could be accomplished by having a radiologist present during mammography to review films.’
1930s: from mamma + -graphy.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.