Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumours of the breasts.
- ‘This is why we insist on both mammography and physical examination.’
- ‘For others it will involve screening by mammography or colonoscopy.’
- ‘This could be accomplished by having a radiologist present during mammography to review films.’
- ‘Early detection through mammography has been a major factor in the dramatic decrease in breast cancer mortality.’
- ‘In the past women have been referred inappropriately for mammography and genetic counselling.’
1930s: from mamma + -graphy.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.