One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of zoology concerned with mammals.
- ‘You see, although I do want to study in biology, I have an affinity for studying animals in all their shapes and forms, and will probably end up specializing in mammalogy.’
- ‘In mammalogy, he is credited with six genera and six species; in botany, with some seventy genera and as many species.’
- ‘Curatorial assistant Judith Chupasko commented that ‘because of their diversity and excellent data, these specimens have become an invaluable asset to the collection and to future studies in mammalogy.’’
- ‘Dorst pursued a parallel career in mammalogy; he edited the quarterly journal Mammalia for 40 years, from 1960 to 2000.’
- ‘Matthew Gompper, assistant professor of mammalogy at the University of Missouri and an ecologist specializing in carnivores, has been studying coyote population biology in the Northeast.’
- ‘Garrett directed his early support to mammalogy at the University of Puget Sound.’
- ‘Thomas Martin, head of mammalogy at the Senckenberg Research Institute in Frankfurt, Germany, agrees that Akidolestes may represent some kind of evolutionary throwback.’
- ‘The section contains about 44,000 reprints and books and currently holds the most important periodicals of mammalogy and vertebrate palaeontology.’
- ‘Under Merriam's leadership, this organization quickly established itself as the primary center for the practice of economic ornithology and mammalogy in the United States.’
- ‘Thomas Henry Manning, a pioneer in exploration, ornithology, and mammalogy of the Canadian Arctic, was born in Northampton, England, on 22 December 1911, and educated at Harrow and Cambridge.’
- ‘Housed in the Chicago Field Museum's prized Audubon collection, the prints are acclaimed as the definitive 19th-century work in the field of American mammalogy.’
- ‘He taught numerous classes in ornithology, mammalogy, population ecology, and animal behavior, and he led several generations of undergraduates on field trips throughout southern Wisconsin.’
- ‘Submit your work related to mammalogy, and let thousands of people access it worldwide!’
- ‘This bibliography is designed to guide beginning students in mammalogy to literature in specific areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.