One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a mammal.‘cats and other mammalian predators’‘mammalian cells’
- ‘The monster's half mammalian, half reptilian face glared menacingly at him with cold, merciless yellow eyes.’
- ‘About 50 years ago, he proposed that mammalian infants instinctively desire maternal proximity.’
- ‘Tracks of any mammalian visitors were identified to the species level.’
- ‘Our work is based on the principle that the mammalian central nervous system is functionally and anatomically well-organized.’
- ‘Organic livestock producers must not feed mammalian or poultry slaughter byproducts to mammals or poultry.’
- ‘Removal of gonads causes a well-defined increase in circulating concentrations of FSH in all mammalian species.’
- ‘Insecticidal soaps have the same general mammalian toxicity traits of any soap or detergent.’
- ‘Hearing (like sight) is one of the most basic faculties of the mammalian organism.’
- ‘My mammalian mind remains mired in the earthly muck of doubt.’
- ‘They methodically removed all of the introduced mammalian predators that they encountered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.