Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for synapsid
- ‘The mammal-like reptile, that also came from the primitive reptile, was the ancestor of all mammals.’
- ‘It is often referred to as mammal-like reptile, based on characteristics of the skull and dentition.’
- ‘In the realms of science his research spanned from the analyses of mammal-like reptiles from the Permian Period through to studies in the tempo and modes of evolutionary change.’
- ‘This mammal-like reptile walked with its legs directly below its body rather than splayed out to the side like most reptiles.’
- ‘These mammal-like reptiles were a biologically diverse group, very abundant, and globally distributed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.