One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cruel or violent treatment of a person or animal; mistreatment.‘16 per cent of children experience serious maltreatment at the hands of their parents’
ill treatment, mistreatment, abuse, ill use, ill usage, misuse, bad treatmentView synonyms
- ‘We don't like thinking about child abuse and maltreatment.’
- ‘It includes domestic violence, child physical abuse, child sexual abuse and maltreatment of elders.’
- ‘Specific chapters examine the effect of maltreatment on cognitive, linguistic, social, and emotional development in children.’
- ‘Child maltreatment, abuse and victimization refer to the intentional assault of a child by a caretaker.’
- ‘According to national newspapers he has claimed abuse and maltreatment by his captors and dismissed their claims as a fabrication.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.