One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dextrin containing maltose, used as a food additive.
- ‘You can use Gatorade, dextrose, maltodextrin and water to make up the liquid and sugars.’
- ‘Frequently, the carbs are in the form of maltodextrin, sugar or dextrose.’
- ‘The gel contains a mixture of glucose and maltodextrin - a complex carbohydrate - along with fat and a trace of protein.’
- ‘Protein powders with maltodextrin also make better meal replacements than protein powders that contain sugar or that are free of carbs.’
- ‘Large amounts of maltodextrin will cause blood sugar levels to rise and drop very quickly, sending messages to your muscle to burn protein for energy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.