One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A malthouse.‘the mill was also used as a maltings’
- ‘A very large site containing substantial stone-built warehouses and maltings is now for sale.’
- ‘Two listed maltings have been proposed for domestic conversion, at Alne and Boroughbridge in Yorkshire.’
- ‘As with the wheat, half is destined for the local Greencore maltings, with the rest on a Gleadell contract.’
- ‘The regeneration of old maltings in Mistley has led to a call for a bypass around the village.’
- ‘Witness the once magnificent breweries and maltings in Burton-on-Trent and Sleaford.’
- ‘The redevelopment of the maltings is a project supported by the prince's Regeneration Through Heritage Initiative.’
- ‘The three-storey maltings is in poor condition.’
- ‘The building dates from 1875 and was once the maltings of Hotham's brewery, which started trading in 1716.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.