One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building in which malt is prepared and stored.
- ‘Some of the malthouses, stores and former offices are up to six storeys high.’
- ‘In 2001 Duff Tisdall acquired and renovated a former malthouse on Dublin's North Circular Road next door to its manufacturing unit.’
- ‘Occupying an entire city block and dominated by a cluster of twelve monumental metal silos, it dates from 1912, when its offices, malthouse, brewery and cellar were erected.’
- ‘Bevan's accounts show that some of the malt that he received at his malthouse in 1697 came from Carmarthen, Llanstephan and Cardigan, and it seems likely that some of it arrived in small craft.’
- ‘Kirklees Park in Brighouse has five of its buildings featured; a malthouse, two barns, another farm building and a gatehouse which once led the way to a priory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.