One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mixed with malt or a malt extract.‘malted biscuits’
- ‘As a fellow professor of academics, I share your admiration for malted beverages!’
- ‘‘We promote our vanilla shake and chocolate malted shake in the single-serve sizes,’ says McCabe.’
- ‘Their soy sauce too - while not traditional - does impart a malted vinegar zing!’
- ‘The base powder preferably comprises about 70% to about 90% by weight of the malted beverage powder.’
- ‘He was eating a T-bone steak when he saw Randy sitting at the bar drinking a malted soda.’
- ‘Save room for the malted milkshake with warm chocolate-chunk cookies.’
- ‘As Santa gave out treats to the children, adults were treated to malted wine, and the younger generation, lighter refreshments à la Eugene Hughes.’
- ‘Panettone, stollen, brioche or malted fruit breads are ideal for this.’
- ‘But then, how to create that paragon of dairy delectables, the malted milkshake?’
- ‘The batter looks just keen and the creamed sugar and shortening, evaporated milk and malted milk powder fluffs into tawny copper peaks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.