One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Alcoholic drink made from malt by fermentation rather than distillation, for example beer.
- ‘Dwight and his room-mates spend their nights downing malt liquor in homage to the inner-city youth they never had.’
- ‘Leaning against one of the cars are three young men with baseball caps, drinking big 40-ounce bottles of Cobra malt liquor at 9.30 in the morning.’
- ‘A clerk comes up to me, as I'm picking between fairly expensive vodkas, and asks me if I'd like to know where the malt liquor is.’
- ‘The boys on the corner with their bottles of malt liquor laughed at me, but I knew I had found gold.’
- ‘That's why they drive inconspicuous foreign sports cars at high speeds while drunk on malt liquor, taking down telephone poles and innocent children by accident.’
- ‘The sea scallops look good until I'm told they're served in a broth of malt liquor and mummified litchi nuts.’
- ‘If you plan to win this, you'll need a stress ball and some malt liquor, because it won't come easy.’
- ‘One of them who oppose taxes on cigarettes and malt liquor did so because ‘it will weigh most heavily on the poor’.’
- ‘Propagandistic messages can be used to accomplish positive social ends, as in campaigns to reduce drunk driving, but they are also used to win elections and to sell malt liquor.’
- ‘They saw that I wasn't afraid to drink a 40-ounce bottle of malt liquor.’
- ‘We actually cheered when malt liquor was made available at the local stores.’
- ‘The beach was fairly empty; there were a few couples strolling hand-in-hand, some teenagers sipping from bottles of malt liquor, throwing rocks, talking loudly.’
- ‘If I were drinking malt liquor, I'd probably have a pretty good base coat laid down.’
- ‘The Hornell Brewing Company, manufacturer of Crazy Horse malt liquor, is also being called to task.’
- ‘I pulled off the road and carried the malt liquor and my fishing tackle out into the wetlands.’
- ‘If I remember correctly, it was the first time Kofi ever tried malt liquor.’
- ‘To drink, there's fresh papaya juice, lemonade and Malta Corona, not malt liquor but a fizzy, slightly sweet beverage that tastes like Ovaltine soda.’
- ‘‘Rap artists have been popular images in malt liquor advertising and ‘gangsta’ rap performers portray malt liquor as a sign of masculinity,’ she said.’
- ‘Breedlove still has the bike and the blue hair, along with a few tattoos, but she no longer snacks on malt liquor.’
- ‘The true grandaddy of malt liquors, Country Club was the first successful malt liquor in America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.