Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Abnormal positioning of a fetus at the time of delivery.
- ‘This is a good indication that there may be a malpresentation or a mismatch between the lamb size and the ewe's pelvic size.’
- ‘Mothers who fear a malpresentation should discuss with their doctors what options are available.’
- ‘Any case of malpresentation should be monitored during the delivery episode in case it causes obstruction.’
- ‘Only one previously diagnosed case not associated with malpresentation has been documented.’
- ‘In these and other forms of malpresentation the baby may have to be delivered by Caesarean.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.