One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tubular excretory organ, numbers of which open into the gut in insects and some other arthropods.
- ‘Expression has also been monitored in peripheral tissues such as the Malpighian tubules.’
- ‘Excretion of nitrogenous waste takes place through Malpighian tubules.’
- ‘The drawing shows a typical alimentary canal and the Malpighian tubules of a leafhopper.’
- ‘The excretory system is composed of a dorsal excretory gland and a pair of Malpighian tubules.’
- ‘In contrast, the gut, the Malpighian tubules, and the fat bodies (not shown) were nearly normal in size and shape.’
- ‘This process has now been implicated in the function of Malpighian tubules, rectum and midgut of a variety of insects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.