One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of malonic acid.
- ‘The use of these ligands proved to be very effective in the reactions of several malonates and cyanoacetates with both electron-rich and electron-poor aryl chlorides and bromides.’
- ‘This is the first report of the presence of these glycosylated flavonoid malonates in celery.’
- ‘Thermolysis of such heterocyclic diethyl malonates results in the loss of one ester group by elimination of ethene and carbon dioxide.’
- ‘The present communication reports a wide range of higher plants which possess the ability to metabolize malonate.’
- ‘Thyroid hormone levels were all normal, as were plasma levels of methyl malonate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.