Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A megapode (bird) found in the mallee scrub of southern Australia, with pale patterned plumage.→ lowan
- ‘State Forests already provides financial support for the malleefowl breeding program at Western Plains Zoo and supplied the program's original breeding pairs from Goonoo.’
- ‘The malleefowl is unique in that it is the only megapod that makes it's home in dry, inland scrub.’
- ‘The malleefowl is a Megapod and a large sedentary bird.’
- ‘Even without taking into account large-scale land development, the malleefowl faces enormous survival difficulties with industry and ingenuity.’
- ‘Only the malleefowl and the Australian brush-turkey can be found in habitats outside the rainforest.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.