Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A megapode (bird) found in the mallee scrub of southern Australia, with pale patterned plumage.
- ‘The malleefowl is unique in that it is the only megapod that makes it's home in dry, inland scrub.’
- ‘State Forests already provides financial support for the malleefowl breeding program at Western Plains Zoo and supplied the program's original breeding pairs from Goonoo.’
- ‘Only the malleefowl and the Australian brush-turkey can be found in habitats outside the rainforest.’
- ‘Even without taking into account large-scale land development, the malleefowl faces enormous survival difficulties with industry and ingenuity.’
- ‘The malleefowl is a Megapod and a large sedentary bird.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.