One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young person who frequents shopping malls, usually for social purposes.
- ‘I could have become a runaway materialist, a robotic mall rat who resorts to retail therapy in pursuit of fulfillment.’
- ‘The 1980s or early 1990s stereotype of the teenage mall rat as a nuisance has become a bonanza for those who sell.’
- ‘Raves, graffiti, squeegee kids and mall rats have all become sources of evil in the eyes of local landlords.’
- ‘The only problem with Anna is that she is a mall rat.’
- ‘In true teenage fashion, she rebelled by dying her hair blonde, immersing herself in logo culture and becoming a mall rat.’
- ‘After my time spent as a passive mall rat, I came to think of such places as the modern day equivalent of the old town square.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.