One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long-tailed cuckoo of South and SE Asia, with dark grey or brown plumage.
Rhopodytes and other genera: family Cuculidae
- ‘Then the malkohas and the couas are given ‘tribe’ status, thus forming our seven distinctive groups of cuckoos.’
- ‘Once inside the forest we walked several trails spotting hornbills, woodpeckers and malkohas to name a few.’
- ‘India has 23 species of Cuculiformes in two families: Cuculidae (cuckoos, malkohas) and Centropodidae (coucals).’
- ‘Watch for giant snails, falconets, malkohas and numerous small birds along the highway that crosses the park.’
- ‘In the lowland jungle, you can see two common species of malkohas.’
Mid 18th century: from Sinhalese mal-koha, literally ‘flower cuckoo’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.