One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A weaver bird of west and central Africa, having black plumage with red on the head or throat.
- ‘Black-bellied Seedcracker inhabits the forest edge, while the canopy holds vermillion and black malimbes.’
- ‘There are lots of malimbes there of several species, but unfortunately the endemic Ibadan Malimbe has only rarely been recorded.’
- ‘The Gola malimbe was not found in the 1989 survey although it has been recorded in the Gola forests before.’
- ‘A three-year research project aims to identify factors determining the occurrence of malimbes in forest patches within the range of the Ibadan malimbe.’
- ‘Other highlights in the Korup park are Forbe's Plover, Black Dwarf, White-crested hornbills, and Rachel's malimbes.’
1940s: named after the town of Malimbe in Angola.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.